Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Foot Emergency

I could fill this blog with stories about my old boss, but I have been trying to move on and put my burning hatred for him in the past. I'll just leave this one story for now and you'll just have to take my word for it that he is an evil, evil man.

I got this new job on the same day that I moved to San Diego. In the beginning I was really excited about it, it was a store that I always loved to shop at when I was in town visiting my family on holidays. After about a month of working I got my boyfriend a job there too and he and my boss seemed to hit it off right away.

One day, about an hour after we got there in the morning, my boss (the owner of the store) whispered to my boyfriend, "I have a pain in my foot and I need you to drive me to the hospital." My husband had to tell him that he didn't have a car and I always gave him a ride to work. He offered to call somebody, but my boss said no.

My boss then came to me. I started thinking about the fastest way to the hospital and whether or not I had enough gas in my tank to get there. But, instead of asking me for a ride he just said, "I have to go somewhere, while I'm gone [your boyfriend] is in charge.

All I could think was, "I hope that bastard drives himself into a ditch." Why didn't he ask me for a ride after my boyfriend just told him that I had a car, because I'm a girl? Why did he leave my boyfriend in charge when I have worked here over a month and he was still in training? Dick.

No comments:

Post a Comment